The Importance of Photography
So often marketers and brands are in a hurry. Rushing to post a social media timeline photo, to finalize an e-mail blast, or to make a change to a brand's website. This rush to a fast 7 (over a perfect 10) sometimes is the only option available. But, don't forget that what is produced will be seen by your customers, your clients, and your influencers. Here are a few tips to ensure your photography is at its best:
- Lighting. Likely any photography will tell you - lighting is absolutely key to a great image. If you aren't working with an agency partner, or photographer, consider purchasing an inexpensive lighting kit (Amazon has several options) for the shots you're producing.
- Consider your angles. What are you shooting? And what is behind your subject or object? Be sure its something interesting, and something you want people to see.
- Frame your shot. Consider how and where your audience uses your product or how to highlight the services you offer and then frame your shot. Remember, you can always crop into a photo.
- Use tools to edit your photo. Apps like Pic Stitch and Adobe offer iPhone and mobile apps to make changes to your images before posting/sharing.
- Now, put it all together. Use photography in social posts, to highlight your products, throughout your website, on your blog, in media/press releases, and anywhere else you can include one. People like photos and visuals.